Friday, August 31, 2007

Flying By...

Geez, summer flew by fast. Heck, an entire year flew by fast. Looking back, I'm able to count four new roommates since I left college. Four weddings and a funeral. Six visits to Stanford and the Bay Area. As hard as it was to fathom back then, life does feel more fast-paced after college.

Anyway, my main reason for posting is to say I'm now in Hong Kong for business. Local time is 10:50am, September 1. Blogger tells me that Seattle time is 7:50pm, August 31. My biological clock doesn't give a crap for either fact, because I destroyed it back in school anyway. I've been in HK for twelve hours now and I just hope my luggage arrives soon, because a change of clothes would be nice.

Oh, and for the record, business class on Cathay Pacific is sweet. (In case you're wondering, it was a different airline that left my luggage behind in Seattle.)

Here's our Airbus A340-300 pulling into the gate at Vancouver prior to boarding:

And this was after boarding:

A "Cathay Delight" kiwi and coconut juice cocktail and scallop hors d'oeuvre. Even the neighboring glass of water looks good.
And all this was after, yes, the pre-flight champagne.

I decided to stop taking pictures, lest everyone identify me as that guy who had clearly never before flown international business class.

2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS, Bry.

    Hooray for international business class! Truly it was painful going back to flying internationally in coach. Hope you have fun in the motherland....

    Oh, and word to the future frequent business traveler: Always pack an extra set of clothing and toiletries in your carry-on luggage. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back to the blogosphere, kiddo. :)

    ReplyDelete