Saturday, June 16, 2007

Her Birthday Wish

It is the birthday wish of my blogging friend Lara for all of her readers to celebrate her birthday by giving a gift to someone else and then describe it on the blog. Pretty neat idea, right?

Yesterday I treated a buddy to dinner. Today I helped another move some of his belongings into storage. But those were fairly spontaneous and spur of the moment. I figured I could be even more intentional with this birthday present...

So my gift to Lara today is a virtual one. It is an online ode to another dear friend who just happens to be celebrating her birthday today.

This is a friend whom I've known since my freshman year in college; who led me blind-folded into a fountain on my own birthday six years ago; who has sung some of the best solos in our a cappella group; who is one of the best partners I've danced with; who has been a great source of joy and irreverent fun whenever we've hung out; who is my horror movie-watching partner in crime (replete with snarky comments and rapier wit). This is my friend who goes by the name Kari.

Happy birthday, dear friend. :)

Psst, Kari, you're supposed to blow the candle out, not barf on it.

1 comment:

  1. awww, your friend sounds really cool! i'm not sure you deserve someone that awesome, bry. ;)

    no, no, totally kidding. thanks much, kid. :)

    ReplyDelete