Saturday, January 6, 2007

Wings, Mostly

I forgot to explain that the title of this blog was also chosen for its verbal connection to my profession in the aviation/aerospace industry. While I won't name my employer, for reasons of corporate policy and the protection of my own butt, I can speak generally about the industry and why I am inspired to work in it.

Once upon a time, as a kid, I loved airplanes. And my fascination with them never went away. Today I thank God for placing that passion in my heart so I could pursue His calling while fulfilling a childhood dream. I am ever amazed by this industry, and I wish I could more eloquently share why. But I can't, so I instead invite you to watch the advertising propaganda of a couple big players in my industry:


I have got to get one of those holographic globes.


That's right, musical score in the same key. Slick, I know.


Doesn't this inspire you to work in aerospace?

Yes?

Hello?

Right.

3 comments:

  1. looks totally different from my template! =)

    -UnityXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nice... i used to think blogger > xanga, but now it feels more even playing field. unfortunately, i had to pay for premium to fully adjust the layout (which i have yet to do and am finding drawbacks), but the thing about xanga that gets me over blogger is its sense of community. it's a lot stronger than blogger's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the American Airlines commercial better. This probably has a fair amount to do with what I think is a better soundtrack. And thanks to you, I can never watch another Boeing commercial of that series without being reminded of the spoof that you shoed me.

    ReplyDelete