Monday, June 4, 2007

Pollen, Pathogens, and Flatulence

I've been a ball of snot for the past couple weeks. Besides the events surrounding my last post, this may be due to the pollen in Seattle. I'm not surprised, because I do have a history of allergies to a variety of airborne plant sperm.

On the other hand, I could just be sick from all my recent travels. I know from my college days that I have an immune system about as effective as that of an agar-filled petri dish. So what's the deal? Is my immune system hyperactive or retarded?

No, I'm not done ranting.

Besides my water faucet nose, I also have a water slide throat. One that feels as though some kid slid down it in a sandpaper raft. Ahem. (Ouch.)

I do look forward to the end of this. My octave-lower-than-usual speaking voice was fun for maybe the first hour at work today, but it quickly got old. Plus, I'm flying down to Stanford this Wednesday, so I assume my fellow passengers would appreciate it if I weren't coughing up a storm. That's like the third most annoying thing on a flight, right up there with screaming babies and silent-but-deadly gas-passers.

Speaking of all this, my like-minded roommate shared this image with me last night:


It's an Airbus A340-600 and the ill-placed attack on their competitor is supposed to read:
"Longer. Larger. Farther. Faster. Higher. Quieter. Smoother."

Now, thanks to the careless - or hilariously intentional - placement of the text, all hope of credibility is lost. Gone up in a puff of flatulent smoke, as my friend Jeff Russell would put it.

Awesome.

In other news, I turned 24 on Saturday. My maturity level apparently didn't get that memo.

3 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday, bry! i did think about you on the day, i just did a poor job of showing it. :(

    can't wait to see you when you come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure i've told you this before, but i'm going to tell you again, honey works well for colds and allergies. eat it straight, preferably the raw variety, or take it in hot tea or hot water. hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. longer larger farts, combined with the butt on the forehead makes a killer superpower!! now, why would anyone ever want feet on their chin?? =)

    ReplyDelete